Natural is on the rise in our cosmetics, in home care, but also in our health. In this case, dental care is becoming more and more natural with very simple gestures and easy-to-make recipes.
Make your own toothpaste
It may seem silly when the stores are full of toothpaste, and yet it is quite simple and significantly better for your oral hygiene. For this you will need:
In a small bowl, put 3 tablespoons of clay.
1. Then add a teaspoon of baking soda.
3. Now add 8 drops of sweet mint essential oil.
4. Mix again.
5. Pour into a glass container to keep the powder well.
• 5 ml (1 teaspoon) vegetable glycerin
• 5 ml (1 teaspoon) of aloe vera gel
• 10 drops of peppermint, wintergreen or spearmint essential oil
• 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) of water.
1. In a clean jar with an airtight cap, mix vegetable glycerin and aloe vera gel with the essential oil you have chosen. Add water and shake well. Use it as a gargle.
2. Store in a resealable jar and shake well before using.
Dental bleaching in the office or with industrial kits is sometimes criticized for its chemical side, even aggressive for teeth and gums. The presence of hydrogen peroxide can indeed cause some gum sensitivity and, over time, damage tooth enamel.
It is for this reason, but also for economic reasons, that more and more people are turning to natural alternatives such as baking soda or vegetable charcoal or even coconut oil to restore white teeth. As we have seen, this vegetable oil has a large number of benefits for the teeth. But we'll talk about that later.
More concretely, it is the "oil pulling" method, originating from Ayurvedic medicine, which is brought up to date. This treatment consists of taking a spoonful of coconut vegetable oil in your mouth and then performing an energetic mouthwash by circulating the oil for 5 to 20 minutes.
The coconut oil mouthwash should be done in the morning on an empty stomach, on clean teeth. This is something to do at least once a week.
An eco-friendly toothbrush.
Charles GERMAIN's eco-friendly and natural toothbrush is made from moso bamboo, embedded with soft bristles. The bristles of the brush are made of high quality nylon, byphenol A free and supplied in a 100% biodegradable packaging so zero waste.
We will therefore limit our use of plastic with this ecological toothbrush whose handle is entirely made of bamboo. Ergonomic, it adapts perfectly to the hand.
Bamboo is a natural fiber, technically it's similar to lawn fiber, in fact, it grows fast! Free of fertilizers and pesticides, making it ideal for making biodegradable and vegan toothbrushes.
And you, what are your natural gestures for good hygiene?